Summer Camp Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the difference?

+2
Snark
Kristina
6 posters

Go down

Whats the difference? Empty Whats the difference?

Post by Michelle Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:26 am

Hi all!!!!!!! I've recently been accepted into the CCUSA program and am a new member on the CCUSA forum which i find to be quite useful in my short time browsing it. I have also come across this forum which i notice has a few of the same people from over there. What my question is, is why has this forum been set up when there is a perfectly good official CCUSA one which can offer acurate info? As my only concern is if i start posting questions here they may not be answered correctly as there is no affiliation with CCUSA. At the end of the day i dont want to get myself into any kind of trouble because of someone giving me incorrect info. So why not just use the other one where it is CCUSA run?

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Whats the difference? Empty Re: Whats the difference?

Post by Kristina Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:08 am

Hi Michelle and thanks for your concern. This forum was only set up to chat and get to know others.

We don't give anything official and its the persons responsibility to get the accurate information from CCUSA, Camp America or whatever.

We're only here to chat and to get excited! Continue to use whatever official forum you need.
Kristina
Kristina
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-03-31

http://www.myspace.com/penl

Back to top Go down

Post by Snark Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:05 am

Agreed.

Why has it been set up? This forum has nothing to do with ANY other Camp-related organisations. We are just here to chat, as some other forums have moderation in place so we can't do that.

I wouldn't recommend taking advice from ANYWHERE except your organisation (i.e. over the phone or in person. sometimes even web-forums no matter how 'official' can be misleading).
Snark
Snark

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-04

http://www.myspace.com/alice1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:10 am

I agree with Snark and Kristina this forum is for people to chat to each other about going and working in an American Summer Camp.

Mel

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleJ Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:25 pm

Fair enough. I know that any info i need i will ask directly to CCUSA as i have been to date, it would be pretty silly not to. I have noticed the CCUSA forum is moderated but i can understand why. The general chit-chat detracts from the usefulness of their forum, and to be honest i like the fact that its just straight to the point without the rigmaroll.

And i can also see the reason for your forum for chatting etc as you pointed out. Just seems wierd that you have the same topics. lol! :S

My point really is, as i (and im sure others are) am completely new to this i just dont want to see anyone be lead astray. I'm sure you can understand my point as well.

Im sure we will all have a ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MichelleJ

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Beccababe_025 Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 am

a main difference is that we're allowed to have fun and get excited about camp without the hastel of possibly getting in trouble for not being relevant or on topic.

ccusa has a really great source of information- but we couldnt stray off the topic or get to know eachother without getting in trouble for not sticking to topics. whereas on here we can chat about our experiences and not have to worry about going off topic. we do have similar topics but i dont see a problem with that. there are heaps of camp forums with the same topics! here, its like we're all helping eachother out from our experiences. i.e. kristina's already got her visa from sydney and i know she's from brisbane- therefore i can ask her how she went about travelling and and how she got around in sydney and stuff. And i can be pretty sure its accurate as she's experienced it and i can always call ccusa to back it up. whereas on the other site they'd probably refer me to just contact ccusa. That's why i like the chat on here- u can get many different versions from diff people without getting in trouble for not keeping it relevant or watever. if you want a straight up answer- refer to ccusa forum. if you want a lot of different answers with some laughs- then here's the place to be.

i think we found that by having this forum we'd save the ccusa forum having to warn us if we went off topic. So it's better for them, now they dont have ppl going off topic there, instead they do it here. And if we want a straight up question or need to find something, we go to the ccusa forum. I dont think we're rivals. i have nothing against ccusa forum- i like it and i use it. but i like the fact that we can talk about anything we like on here and go off topic and just get excited about camp together without a worry Very Happy thats the difference!
Beccababe_025
Beccababe_025

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://www.myspace.com/becs_notebook

Back to top Go down

Post by ShayShay Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:21 pm

hey michelle!
thanks to everyone whose been posting in here its great to see some support Smile
but yeh as the girls have said this forum is not to try and be a RIVAL at all against CCUSA. there forum is useful for everyone and we have found alot of friends through that!
CCUSA have been a great support to everyone in the program BUT as soon as we would stray from a conversation we received an email or notification that something would be lockd down or closed.
this forum provides users to chat at free will to an extent and get to know each other and be fun!
i would like to also say that there are MANY different forums around for everyone to use i.e i'm signed to all of them doesnt mean they're all rivalery against each other it's just so people can talk
A quick note if anyone ever does have a question that can not be answered like everyone on here who has said CALL CCUSA and they are sure to help!
ShayShay
ShayShay
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 529

http://www.myspace.com/shaylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Beccababe_025 Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:50 pm

well said shay haha Very Happy i couldnt quite get the words out right haha
Beccababe_025
Beccababe_025

Back to top Go down

Post by ShayShay Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:55 pm

awww bec nah u were rite on the mark! Smile
ShayShay
ShayShay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:32 pm

Haha.
"Michelle" is totally someone from CCUSA.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShayShay Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:43 am

hahahaha whoever that gues was could be too rite!
ShayShay
ShayShay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beccababe_025 Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:23 pm

ccusa or not- welcome to the forum Wink we're not rivals so why should we care? i post on heaps of camp forums lol. (this one the most cos i actually really like it haha) but seriously- i think its all getting a bit silly.

We have nothing against ccusa, i LOVE ccusa! i'm going to camp and they've helped me heaps! i wouldnt be going to camp without their help (obviously). I (and the rest of us) all still use the ccusa forum as we still find it really usefull and we still post on there regularly- its just we come here to chat as friends and purposfully go off topic so that we dont disrupt the other forums. so its better we do it here. this forum is for any camp counsellors anywhere in the world from ANY organisation.

Can't we all just make peace? i dont see what all the fuss is about. why there's all this 'dont go on this site' and 'only use this site'. there are plenty of great camp sites & forums out there and every person should really be able to make up their own mind on where they'd like to go. If you are a ccusa participant i STRONGLY reccomend that you become a member of their forum as they have very accurate information. but i wouldnt not reccomend this forum- i dont think this forum should've been as put down as it was. Yes we have similar topics- and we know that they're not accurate and we know that we shouldnt rely on information here. As i said before, if we need questions answered properly we'll always go to ccusa first.

i dont see a problem with using both forums. and i will continue to use both forums as i find them both useful and fun.

bec x

(glad i got that out haha)
Beccababe_025
Beccababe_025

Back to top Go down

Post by ShayShay Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:01 am

awwww bec thats fantastic ta love!
but i mite just add something!
on alot of the forums i.e summercampworldwide & aca.org they dont have moderators they just have a lot of people who have been to camp a couple of times so theres no admin telling everyone EXACTLY what they need to know.
sometimes they'll intervine but majority of the time they dont.
i just don't understand how it got to go so far that CCUSA are sending people msgs on facebook and emails saying not to come on here.
At no point are we rivals if we were that means that all the websites Camp America, Camp talk, Summercampworldwide, ACA would all be rival forums but there just there for people to talk about camp!
and thats exactly what this is!
Smile
ShayShay
ShayShay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum